SIMOTA CLEANING KIT -Come with cleaner & oil -Oil Colour : Clear -Suit for SIMOTA & WORKS ENGINEERING air filter (product image may differ from actual product appearance)
1. Take the air filter out from the intake box.
2. Use the compressed air to remove the dirt from the other side of dirty side.
3. Apply SIMOA cleaner onto both sides evenly.
(CAUTION: THE USE OF ANY OTHER CLEANING SOLUTION OR METHOD COULD DAMAGE THE FILTER! i.e. use of water, steam, or chemicals, gasoline, transmission fluid, motor oil, lightweight oil, or diesel fuel not specifically designed to clean non-woven material air filters)
4. Allow cleaner to soak into both sides of air filer for 10 minutes; afterward use the compressed air to remove dirt and cleaner.
(Repeat step 3 and step 4 until all spots of dirt are cleaned.)
5. Let the air filter dry naturally or use the compressed air to dry it.
(CAUTION: OTHER DRYING METHOD COULD DAMAGE THE FILTER!)
6. Apply proper amount of SIMOTA air filter cleaning oil evenly onto the dirt side of air filter only.
(CAUTION: DO NOT OVER OIL AIR FILTER! OVER- OILING MAY INTERFERE THE PERFORMANCE OF ENGINE.)
7. Reinstall the air filter back to intake box; make sure that the intake box is securely fastened.
Do not make the mistake of using any type of cleaning solution other than a Simota air filter cleaner. Apply the Simota cleaning solution thoroughly to each side of the air filter for the best results. According to the manufacturer, using other types of cleaners may damage the filter. Keep in mind that the standard Simota / Works Engineering air filter consists of non-woven materials, which explains the need for care and caution in order to clean it correctly.